Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Wii Zapper And Link's Crossbow Training





Wow! Where to start? I've been so surprised by these two items that I'm a little overwhelmed!

Firstly, I wasn't even sure during the week whether I was going to get the Wii Zapper, as I was progressing quite happily through Umbrella Chronicles without it. But my mate John was getting one and offered to pick me one up. Plus the bargain price of £20 with Link's Crossbow Training thrown in convinced me.


The Zapper itself is the most impressive peripheral I've ever owned (and I've owned plenty - steering wheels, light guns, fishing rods and even a skateboard peripheral for playing Tony Hawk on!)


For a start, it feels 'weighty' and sturdy like the guns you get on arcade machines. Stylistic and solid, it feels so right to hold. For some reason I can't explain, it enhances the accuracy of shots, which in turn increases the pleasure of gameplay.

Link's Crossbow Training is a revelation! The first Zelda themed game which has truly got me hooked. Somewhere between the Arcade/PS One's "Point Blank", the shooting parts of Wii Play and Twilight Princess, the game is just pure unadulterated fun! So much so, that the usually game-hating Mrs. K can't put the Zapper down! She's actually playing it as we speak!


And there's no higher endorsement that I can think of! I'll put a few "Links" underneath to let you know a bit more...









6 comments:

gnome said...

I might just get one provided they keep the prices logical...

Junlee said...

Is the zapper really that cool?

I've always heard from 'other' game sites that it wasn't as good as just using the wii remote.

But I trust you over some "big" game site. ;)

Random J said...

I'm gonna have to get to grips with the zapper before I put money down for it. It just looks so, well...rubbish!

It's good that Link's crossbow training is getting pretty positive reviews. I'm not sure why people are bothering to review it anyway. It's essentially just a tech demo to show off the Wii zapper. But I guess the fact people are taking it seriously enough to review it says quite alot about the game.

fatherkrishna said...

Yes Junlee the Zapper is really THAT cool... And you can pick it up for peanuts... ($20) Isn't that your people's staple diet?

J! For once, just trust me! I guarantee if you buy it, you'll just fucking love it!

If not, I'll personally reimburse you... In a Mike Strutter sort of way... :)

NebachadnezzaR said...

Looks interesting, but there's something bothering me... Are the Gorons okay with the fact that we're shooting at targets right in front of their crotch?

The Sports Satirist said...

Are you serious father? You actually liked the Wii zapper? I remember using the zapper over at my friends house, but I thought the controls were all over the place. Granted the only game I played with the zapper was Resident Evil, but I still question the unresposive controls. After testing it out, I learned that it is much better to use the standard controller than comes with the Wii. Since I don't play the Wii, I could be wrong. You and Gnome are the devoted Wii fans not me.