Monday, October 06, 2008

My Xbox is dead




Bloody shit fuck cock arse and bollocks. My Xbox is dead. The 'red ring of death' appeared on Saturday when I was in Wales. I'm a third of the way through GTA IV and now I can't play it.

I'm pretty philosophical about it though... my first thought was that I could fill it's space with the PS2... I want to play Kingdom Hearts again and maybe give Yakuza a proper play... Then I could always just re-play Enter The Matrix or give Okami another blast.

I might go and check out what's available for the PS2 as a bargain at the local game shop. Or play through Resident Evil Dead Aim... Yes that's the ticket!

The Dreamcast and Saturn have also been neglected... I've just got Death Crimson 2 from Japan (I only just found out though that it's actually just a more buggy and incomprehensible version of Death Crimson OX, which I already have for the Dreamcast, and dang it if my light gun doesn't work properly on it!!!

I'm expecting The Ring from Japan and also Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou
so the Dreamcast may get some action yet... If nothing else, I've just scored Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 and a MGS specific Bleem disc, so I can play it with improved graphics on my Dreamcast. So yeah the possibilities of a bit of 'retro' gaming is quite a good one.

I've also just got House Of The Dead for the Wii, although on the slight amount of time I have played it, I'm not massively impressed...

7 comments:

Junlee said...

A big reason why I'm still hesitant about getting a 360.

Ice Koobs said...

Do you have the Elite or the normal ones?
Cause I'm sure that the normal ones have an warranty for 3 years if it is the 3 red ring of death.
I don't know about the Elite.
Koobs

fatherkrishna said...

It's a normal one dear Koobs, I'm lookoing into the warranty thing right now...

I think if you buy the newer manufactured ones your pretty safe Junlee...

NebachadnezzaR said...

I think the new ones don't have that problem anymore.

Father, call Microsoft. They're known to handle this pretty well (and they did when it happened to me). Look at the bright side, you'll probably end up getting a free xbox live month.

blondejon said...

warranty is 5 years, you are good ot go (i know this because the one i now have is an initial release model that had a drive die and the ring o death occur

The Sports Satirist said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! Neba, you are reading my mind again. If you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to let them know that you have 3 red rings, then you will also get a faceplate along with the free xbox live. You might have to say something like "This is unacceptable. I can't believe this is such a problem" to get a faceplate.

I should have told you this prior to your 360 purchase, but it is better late than never. If you bought a falcon model with a 3 year in store warranty, then you are good to go. I am unsure if they offer in store warranties where you live, but they do offer them in the USA.

Random J said...

*LOL!!!!!*

No Xbox 360 is safe. NONE at all. The Elite is no better, because the week that console came out there were videos on YouTube of Elite consoles giving the ol' red light. At least Microsoft will clapped out systems free of charge, but it eludes me why they can't manufacture them properly in the first place.