Friday, July 25, 2008

A Scanner Darkly



Well so far this holiday I've been watching some great movies. So far it's been Star Wars Episode III, the Matrix, TMNT (surprisingly good!) and at the moment the most excellent A Scanner Darkly. I couldn't even begin to explain the plot. It's basically a cautionary tale of surveillance, totalitarian government, narcotic abuse, drug induced paranoia and so on.

Originally penned by ace Science Fiction writer Philip K. Dick, this film is both visually stunning (due to it's cell shaded trippy visuals) and brilliantly acted by Keanau Reeves, Woody Harrelson , Winona Ryder and Robert Downey Jr. amongst others...

Having dabbled with/enjoyed/depended on a plethora of narcotics for 25 years I can honestly say that watching the film straight makes you feel like you're tripping! (Relax dear readers! At the ripe old age of 41, the only drugs I do these days are the ones you can legally buy at the corner store...)

Lord knows what watching this film under the influence of substances would do to your neural cortexes! LOL!

On more sober and sobering trip, watching the DVD "Zeitgeist" was a massive jolt of reality that shook me up somewhat. I've known about this horrifying agenda for some time, but the DVD wraps it all up and presents it so succinctly that it gave me shivers and made the hairs on my neck stand up. My littlest son Ted, has the full name Edward 'David Icke' Early, because of my ultimate respect for an individual that has tried to bring this agenda to our attention for the last fifteen years.

I urge you, nay compel you, to click on the links above. It's massively important that you know about the agenda unfolding before your eyes. It's scarier than what was happening in Nazi Germany in 1933. In fact if it's more dangerous than that, because instead of affecting one country or one race, it's the same agenda affecting the world and all it's people.

I'm preaching right now, but I'm entitled to! I'm a Reverend and a Father! Take heed bretheren! For the hour is close at hand...

3 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

TMNT is indeed a surprisingly good movie, and the game is not half-bad either, so you might want to check it out.

About the drugs, wow, that's a whole new side of you I never knew existed! :D Coincidently, I have pretty much the same opinion, although I don't have much personal experience on the matter. Besides sometimes unhealthy amounts of legal drugs like cigarettes or alcohol (although I drink much less now than when I was about 16) the only drug I experienced was hashish.

Now, about that film, Zeitgeist, right now I lack the time to properly watch it, but it seems interesting enough. I'm definitely going to watch when I have the chance.

The Sports Satirist said...

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I felt like Keanu Reeves' film career has been regressing after the Matrix trilogy. His downward spiral looks like it will only get worse. It is unfortunate because Reeves is such a likable character.

As far Scanner Darkly is concerned, this film was too abstract for me. I never could enjoy this movie.

Unknown said...

Im going to get A Scanner Darkly this weekend... -and Dark City!!