Thursday, July 24, 2008

How fucking great is that?


OK, it's the second day of my holiday and things have turned out great! First of all I ran out of beer tonight and I was at a loss to know what to do.... The shops were shut and things looked grim... Then a quick search on google turned up this.... Crateman! He delivered beer to my door for a reasonable sum at an unreasonable hour....

Next up was the amazing House Off The Dead III on PC. This is a franchise I've folllowed both on consoles (the Saturn and the Dreamcast) and also in arcades...

I've never experienced it's third incarnation on a home console until today... I've spent many a pound playing it in arcades with the pump action shotgun peripheral though... My middle ginger Marty bought me it for Christmas and I finally loaded it up onto my laptop, and got very close to completing it!

It's a killer port! The best PC game I've ever experienced... I look forward to completing it! As I mentioned over at the Saturn Junkyard just recently, PC ports seem easier to play...

Anyway, apart from Marty almost being mugged by a former pupil of mine, life looks pretty good. On the subject of that little prick, obviously being shot in the leg hasn't put him off a life of crime. So I'm going to pay him a visit and bang the little turd out. Hopefully some kind words from the Father might make him re-think his life choices. Hey ho! Let's see how hard he is when he deals with a man instead of a boy...

4 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

A guy that delivers beer to your when you need it the most? That's probably the most awesome thing I've read in here for a while, and you now this blog is full of awesome. Crateman for the win! lol :D

It's funny that, even though I'm a big Sega fanboy, I always followed the HotD series, from 1 to 3, on the PC, with some shots in the arcade version of HotD 2 in between (arcades here are scarce). 3 was an awesome port indeed, and despite what one might think at first, the mouse is an excellent substitute for the gun. We loose the sensation of holding a gun, but at least it's pretty accurate.

You do well to try and put some sense on that kid. Hope you can do it, because it doesn't sound like it's going to be easy...

fatherkrishna said...

I posted my vigilante style thoughts last night when I was pissed. The fact of the matter is, even though the little tool did try to mug Marty, Marty was streetwise enough to get the fuck out of there. What good would it do for me to go and confront him? There's a good chance if I hit him it would be me who was prosecuted for violence aginst a minor.

Unfortunately knowing the individual and his associates, there's also a good chance I could end up getting stabbed or shot. So I'll chill out and let karma catch up with him. Karma has done a pretty good job so far as he's already been shot in the leg. Hopefully the next time it'll be a little higher up!

The Sports Satirist said...

If only everyone had their alcoholic beverages delivered to their homes, then there would be less drunk drivers on the road.

boozemanchester said...

http://www.boozemanchester.co.uk

we are quicker and cheaper than crateman!