Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Postcard From Wales!




Hello gang!

Would you believe it? I'm actually posting a quick note to all from gloriously sunny Wales, courtesy of my son's new laptop and an internet connection stolen from the caravan site's main office!

Ha ha! After a fruitless weekend of searching through the dross of my PS2 collection for someting decent to play, I was plagued by one unsatisfying experience after another... RE Outbreak file 2? Terrible, with my AI "team mates" bungling around this game proved to live up to the awful reputation it owns and I was plunged into despair. Devil May Cry 2? I loved the look of this game, but the disk must be damaged in some way, as the load times between scenes was intolerable! Eventually it packed in altogether, and again dark frustration set in...

I tried Gun, but it wasn't for me and after that I was stuck... Eventually I got some pleasure from RE:CV Gun Survivor, played on the pad rather than Light Gun (Thanks for the tip Nebacha) and I was pleased for the moment...


I played Sensible Soccer with my son Martin and he lost on penalties... I quite enjoyed the silliness of it all, but he vowed never to play me again on that particular game... Still I'd picked it up brand new for £2... You can't complain at that can you?


I decided to gather together all my titles that I didn't play... The game of Spongebob Squarepants that I had bought for my youngest son, Virtua Cop Elite Edition, (my G Con gun doesn't work), Mark Ecko's Getting Up and so on and managed to get a trade in to the value of £23... which paid for a copy of God Of War II! Hurrah! My thoughts on that later folks!

I also got a copy of Pro Evo 4 for 99p! Result! But the game that has consumed me the most and which is fast reaching the top of my favourites chart, is Max Payne. Now I've never bought into Rockstar's productions, but this game ticks all the boxes for me.



The storyline is great, voice acting OTT, John Woo style action sequences satisfy my violent streak, and the graphics and comic book style presentation works for me too! Fabulous stuff!


Anyway, Gnome, Elderly, Caleb, Mikey, J, Nebacha and any other of you who stumble upon this page... Hello from Wales... I'll be back and commenting on your blogs on Monday, until then big love to you all!

This is FK signing off from the heart of the UK, in the ancient mystical land of Wales, enjoying clement October sunshine... And Max Payne!

12 comments:

Caleb said...

Wow.

FK updated his blog from INSIDE A WHALE!

What dedication!

Why he decided to do a Jonah impression I will never know.

In any case it's nice that he has time to play video games whilst slowly being digested in a huge aquatic mammal's giant stomach.

Hopefully he will manage to eventually pull himself out of this situation and comeback to the blogosphere safely. (abeit covered in krill no doubt)

NebachadnezzaR said...

Of course he will! But on is own, since I doubt Segata will help him after that Shenmue comment...

Now, about the DMC2 loading times, well, it's probably from the disc, unlike Marc Ecko's...

And God of War 2? That's my Father! It's an awesome game, enjoy it.

And Max Payne is also a brilliant game, but is much better on the PC than on the PS2.

gnome said...

(waves to wales)

(pets whale)

Hullo Father! See you've discovered the quality of the Swedish demoscene, haven't you? Max Payne.. what a bloody brilliant (if short) game. MP2 is equally great mind you.

fatherkrishna said...

Caleb that's Wales, not a wha... Oh never mind! There are dolphins and porpoises which swim off the coast though maybe I could fit inside one of them??

Nebacha, I regret my impulsive Resident Evil/Shenmue shocker...
God Of War II... awesome (and even a bit sexy in places, that was a shock!)It deserves a post of it's own, but i'm not far enough into it...

Gnome, if Max Payne is short, it shows how crap I am at gaming! I was playing it on and off for a week and I only got midway through the second chapter...

It's good to be back in the blogosphere... Now if I could just get rid of the smell of that krill...

gnome said...

Oh well, I didn't say easy, I said short ;)

Welcome back Father. Now to find Elderly...

Caleb said...

Max Payne was one of those games that I played all the way through on my PC because I was borrowing it from some else.

AWESOME GAME.

I liked how he got more and more beat up as the game progressed and how the enemies would get someone smarter AI if you were beating them too easily.

In any case the graphic novel style cutscenes were great and I really enjoyed the ending.

fatherkrishna said...

I'm going back to Wales (the country) tomorrow, so I'll get another chance to play more GOW II and Max Payne! Hooray!

Unknown said...

the heart of the Uk?... why are hordes of scythe wielding welsh people running towards us?.... FK... FK? hey wait for me...

(elderly runs after FK, pursued by the horde....)

Unknown said...

oh look a leek!....

fatherkrishna said...

A leek on my blog? I'll just call a plumber... Mario? Luigi? Damn they're rescuing a princess?
Can I have a cup of algae tea Elderly?

Oh well... I'll just go and shoot some zombies 'till they're available...

Unknown said...

(looks at leek...) so innocent.. yet so deadly...

(opens flask....pours some algae tea.....)

be careful.. it turns the milk green and lumpy....

hold up!! i'll give you a hand with the Zombies.... varmints!!!

The Sports Satirist said...

The best PS2 game is God of War 2. I can't wait for part 3. Hope there is a Max Payne 3 as well.