Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hello To Halo...



Having sons can be very beneficial to an old Father. My youngest, Little Ted has just got into console gaming. Before now, he was very much into his World Of Warcraft. But having completed COD 4, he's decided he wants to explore the world of Halo 3, having played it at a friends. He's been doing chores all week to 'earn' enough credit with his dad, for me to buy him a copy.



So we went to Game today to get him a pre-owned copy, for the not too shabby price of £14.99. In return he gave me a £15 voucher for HMV that he received for Christmas off his uncle. So in a sense, I paid nothing for it. I've had him doing housework, I've got a voucher that I can use to buy music, games or DVDs and I've got a copy of Halo 3 which I can play myself! Happy days!



So far this year, between the family, we've got every significant 360 title... Bioshock, Gears Of War, Mass Effect, GTA4 and now Halo 3. Considering this time last year I only had my Saturn, Dreamcasts and PS2 to game on, I've slipped into the current gen pretty well.

I'm still in love with No More Heroes on the Wii at the moment. The game just goes from strength to strength. Within the game is a mini-game, a rather lovely shmup by the name


of 'Pure White Giant Glastonbury' which you can play at any time simply by turning on the TV at Travis's appartment! This is an unlockable feature that you can access as you progress through the game... My progress is tootling along nicely and I'm now the number 3 ranked assassin in Santa Destroy! I urge you to find a means of playing this stellar game by hook or by crook! In the mean time enjoy this video from the game by imaginary Santa Destroy favourites, the Genki Rockets.


18 comments:

Junlee said...

I'm glad you're enjoying NMH. It is quite the cool game!

The Sports Satirist said...

"So far this year, between the family, we've got every significant 360 title... Bioshock, Gears Of War, Mass Effect"

Damn father. Those games have been out for the longest time. Where have you been?

NebachadnezzaR said...

You're better off than me when it comes to the "relevant titles", I'm still missing some good games from last year like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed...

Meh, I'll get them one day...

funnyman, don't forget that Father, like me, is a retrogamer at heart. For us, a game from last year is as fresh as GTA IV, compared to other games we play (I'm currently playing IceWind Dale from 2000 and finished Gunman Chronicles (2001) not too long ago).

NebachadnezzaR said...

BTW, Father, what about that VF5 online match? I'm ready to play when you are! :D

The Sports Satirist said...

Why do guys own a 360 if you are retro gmaers?

blondejon said...

it is possible to play old and new games you know....

NebachadnezzaR said...

Because I'm a graphics whore and I love FPS's :) (or is it FPSs? how do you write the plural of FPS?)

Joking...

It's like blondejon said. I like games, simple as that. Old, new, it doesn't matter, as long as it's good, I'll play it.

Also, I can't play all the games I want when they're released (lack of time, money, motivation, etc...), so I end up playing them later, which could be just a few months after their release or a lot of years.

blondejon said...

im sure i posted my gamertag on here

its blondejon if you hadnt guessed, feel free to add :)

The Sports Satirist said...

You should play Ass Creed Neba. That research scientist (Kristin Bell) is one fine piece of ass. I would assassinate her virginity in a heartbeat.

NebachadnezzaR said...

"assassinate her virginity"

Learning new expressions everyday...

Junlee said...

Assassins Creed wasn't that great. Aside from the fact, that yes, that girl is fine (lol), the game starts out fantastic, and ends up getting so repetitive, you find yourself just wanting the damn thing to be over.

The Sports Satirist said...

The gameplay is redundant, but I enjoyed the science fiction aspect to the game.

gnome said...

I can't comment. Really can't. Can't stand the mere thought of Halo 3 either. Go figure...

Unknown said...

Thought H3 was not very good...
Assassins Creed I cant get myself to finish...

No play time right now either... Hope to have some time freed up for summer releases....

fatherkrishna said...

"im sure i posted my gamertag on here

its blondejon if you hadnt guessed, feel free to add :)"

I don't have any online games for the Wii BJ, as soon as I do, I'll be right there!!!

fatherkrishna said...

BTW funnyman. Neba is right. Until this time last year, my only consoles were essentially retro...

PS2, Dreamcast, Saturn, Master System.

I only got the Wii in May 07 and the 360 in December.

I'm not fast in buying current gen games. I find their price tag overwehlming when I previously bought games for the Dreamcast for £2.50!

gnome said...

And deluxe Speccy nes for 4.99

A Blogger said...

I would definitely at least rent Assassin's Creed because, although it get's repetitive, it is a very cool concept.

By the way I added your blog to my blogroll on secondstorygamer.com

I'd appreciate a linkback please