Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Second Best Game, Ever...


High praise indeed? Well yeah, definitely! It's just that God Of War II has got me so stoked at the moment. I'm playing it on easy mode (of course) but it just ticks all the boxes. The gameplay just flows, there's a very forgiving save system and the cutscenes are simply glorious. It's wiped out all of my Resident Evil obsession that I carried throughout most of 2007...

Voice acting and characterisation are fabulous, the whole mythos of the title sublime... It doesn't get any better than this! My gaming set up at the moment helps... Dreamcast, 360 and Wii in the back (most inhabited) living room, Dreamcast, Saturn and PS2 in the front (less inhabited) living room. That means the potential to game on some console or other, whatever Mrs. K is doing... But I have to say, she's remarkably chilled about gaming these days...

Now I know I said it was going to be Gears Of War and Umbrella Chronicles next, but it just might just be God Of War I...
I played about 10 minutes of UC at the weekend and it really wasn't fun!!! In fact I'm hating on that game right now, I really, REALLY, can't be arsed with it...


It's just too bloody hard, and doesn't have the appeal to keep me going... I know!!! I went on and on about it! It promised to be my defining game... And you know what? Now I want to trade it in with Sonic (the 360 version) and Viva Pinata which was bought for Ted, (but totally eclipsed for him by World Of Warcraft. I reckon that little trade in could get me Ghost Squad, (which I really want -notice I didn't say NiGHTS?)

So there you go... Not much of an update really, nothing to report... I'l let you know how my trade in goes... But right now it's all about God Of War II!
(and yes Funnyman I know you can have sex in it, but that hasn't been it's main selling point!!!)


12 comments:

The Sports Satirist said...

Why the hell are those breasts covered? Let me what is under the hood. I would have given this blog post a "blog post of the year award" if there was some real nudity.

fatherkrishna said...

Yes I KNEW you were going to pick up on that funnyman! It wasn't my choice to cover up those nips!

I'll hold Google responsible for that... Can I still get the award though?

I did mention you personally on loads of my last postings...

Junlee said...

God of War II is a great game, and without spoiling anything, there will definitely be a third one...the ending is a MAJOR cliffhanger!

That is all I'll say about that.

In terms of action games, I feel like Devil May Cry is the daddy, and God of War is the ballerific son who inherited all of daddy's talents, but is a little more edgier with it...you don't see any titties in Devil May Cry do you? At least none that aren't covered. They're mighty jiggly in DMC4 though! :D

Nice to see you posting fatherk!

NebachadnezzaR said...

It's not really a major cliffhanger since we all pretty much now what's going to happen (Kratos will kick ass!).

Anyway, God of War is ace! Be sure to play the first one and the upcoming Chains of Olympus too Father.

In the meantime I'm going to grab myself some DMC4.

The Sports Satirist said...

Alright, I will give you the award. But only because you leave comments on my blog father. Tit for tit or tat for tat or tit for tat as the expression goes. Looking at those pictures of those women again, it should probably be tit for tit. Chains of Olympus and God of War 3 will kick ass. Hopefully, Kratos will be able to have even more sex in those two games as well.

NebachadnezzaR said...

I hope that he will take care of the sex first and the killing after, because the other way around would be too disturbing.

Junlee said...

Well in that since, it isn't a cliffhanger, but you know what I mean.

You want to see what happens next!!!

And yes neb, grab that devil may cry 4! ;)

Junlee said...

btw, I have a devil may cry 4 review on my site if you wanna check it out *cough*

NebachadnezzaR said...

Oh, but I most certainly will!

The Sports Satirist said...

I don't care when the sex is taking place. As long as there is sex in God of War 3 and Chains of Olympus, I will be delighted.

Junlee said...

You should check my blog funnyman regarding the sex in chains of olympus. *BIG cough*

lol @ my shameless advertising

The Sports Satirist said...

Did someone say sex? I am visiting your blog right now junlee.